Register Azure Data Factory Connection
To do this, we need to register an application and allow it to have access to data factories, which is what is explained in the below steps.
1. From the Azure Portal, navigate to the App Registrations tool https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_RegisteredApps/ApplicationsListBlade
2. Click New registration.
3. Type "kensu-collector-application"
4. Click Register.
5. Click "Certificates & secrets"
6. Click New client secret.
7. Click the "Description" field.
8. Type "kensu collector token" (you can give it the name you want)
9. Click "Add"
10. Click "Home"
11. Go to "Data Factories" (you can search for the resource if not available in Home)
12. Got to the data factory(ies) you want to make data observable
13. Click "Access control (IAM)"
14. Click "Role assignments".
15. Click "Add".
16. Click "Add role assignment"
17. Click the "Search box" field.
18. Search for "Data Factory Contributor" (or "Reader")
19. Click "Data Factory Contributor"
20. Click "next".
21. Click "Select members"
22. Type the name of the application created at the beginning (e.g., kensu-collector-application)
23. Select it.
24. Click "Select"
25. Click Next.
26. Click "Review + assign"
27. We need several information available on Azure Portal to create the connection between Data Factory and Kensu. You will need:
- Application (Client) ID
- Directory (Tenant) ID
- Subcription ID
28. Let's fetch the "Client ID" field. In Azure Portal [application page] - Click "Overview"
29. Click the copy icon next to "Application (client) ID"
30. Azure Portal [application page] - Click the copy icon next to "Directory (tenant) ID"
31. Azure Portal [application page] - Click "Certificates & secrets"
32. Click the copy button next to the created secret above.
33. Azure Portal [application page] - Click "Home"
34. Click "Subscriptions" (or Search for it)
35. Click on your subscription
36. Click the copy icon next to the "Subscription ID"
37. Once your credentials are collected, please shared them with Kensu through the creation of a generic connection. To do so, follow the instructions on Generic Form. Then, inform email@example.com in order to configure the collector.
📣 Exciting updates ahead!
The Azure Data Factory is currently in preview. Configuration and connection UI are in development and will be soon released.
While the current version of Kensu Hub doesn't support configuration, we're thrilled to announce that an upcoming version, late November, will introduce a brand-new screen for the Data Factory collector setup.
With this new feature, we're empowering our users with even greater autonomy.
Stay tuned for more enhancements!